Applicants to the M.A. and Au.D. programs:
- Applications are accepted ONLY through CSDCAS Services
- ALL MATERIALS for applications are due by January 1st!
- Details about application fee for CSDCAS Services and the University at Buffalo, please click here.
Applicants to the Ph.D. program:
- Application materials are submitted directly to Graduate Application Site at the University at Buffalo.
- ALL MATERIALS for applications are due by January 1!
Descriptions of undergraduate and graduate programs:
Dr. Jan Charles-Luce serves as academic advisor to all currently enrolled MA students in CDS. If you are a prospective student with questions about the program, please contact the Director of Admissions. The current Director of Admissions is Dr. Jeff Higginbotham.
- Curriculum Plan
- This document provides a general course of study for the entire MA program. It is intended as a guide to help student in planning their course of study each semester.
- International Students: Curricular Practical Training
- This link will direct students to the International Student Services and Scholar Office (ISSS) at UB. International students registered for CDS 624/592 must complete mandatory paperwork for international students on externship. Students are responsible for reading and understanding the information provided by the ISSS office. On the ISSS website, students are encouraged to pay particular attention to the Curricular Practical Training (CPT) section. The CPT form allows international students to work OFF CAMPUS to complete clinical practical training. Note that ISSS needs 5-7 Business Days to process paperwork for a NEW I-20. This NEW I-20 will clearly state the externship placement name and the dates approved. The Clinic will provide the letter that students will need to submit to ISSS verifying practicum locations and dates of assignment. Failure to comply with requirements of the ISSS for curricular practical training is a VIOLATION of F-1 visa status.
- A CPT (Clinical Practical Training) form for off campus clinic is mandatory, EVEN IF practicum is only one day a week. 2nd and 3rd year AuD students registered for CDS 592 must go through this procedure every semester with an off campus placement, even for part time placements. Any specific questions inquire with International Student Service and Scholar Office (ISSS) at UB.
- Certification of Full-time Status
- Students in the MA program will be registered for fewer than 12 credits, the minimum number of credits required for status as a Full-time student. Some students may need to complete a "Certification of Full-time Status" form to verify continued enrollment at UB. Common reasons for needing to complete this form include 1) loan deferral, and 2) international student (F1) visa status. The Certification of Full-time Status form from the Graduate School may be downloaded at this link. Complete the top portion of the form and then forward to the current Director of Graduate Studies for signatures. The CDS Department staff will then route to the Graduate School.
- Course Waiver
- This form is to be completed in the following instances: 1) Make-up students or students with an undergraduate degree in a field other than CDS who have completed undergraduate pre-requisite courses at other institutions (see MA Curriculum Plan for a list of undergraduate pre-requisite courses for non-CDS majors), 2) Students seeking pre-approval of math, physical science, etc. courses to be taken to fulfill ASHA requirements, and 3) Students who have completed the equivalent of required Graduate courses at other institutions.
- Funding Opportunities
- This link will direct you to the College of Arts and Sciences website which details funding opportunities for graduate students.
- Graduate School Current Students Tab
- This link will direct you to information about costs and finances, policies and procedures, electronic thesis submission, University forms including the Application to Candidacy (ATC), Graduate School Petition Form, student calendars, class schedules, and grading policies.
- Praxis Test Information
- CAA Complaint Process
- "A complaint about any accredited program or program in candidacy status may be submitted by any student, instructional staff member, speech-language pathologist, audiologist, and/or member of the public" (per CAA website).
- All complaints must be signed and submitted in writing to the Chair, Council on Academic Accreditation in Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, 2200 Research Blvd, #310, Rockville, Maryland 20850. Complaints will not be accepted by e-mail or facsimile.
- New York State Teacher Certification
- Students interested in practicing in an educational setting in New York State are required to complete program requirements outlined in this link.
- Independent Study
- Complete this form for registration in CDS 600. The form must be approved and signed by the independent study course instructor at least two weeks prior to registration. Upon approval from the course instructor, deliver to Shirley Kotecki or her mailbox in Cary 122 for EXCEPTION REGISTRATION.
- Forced Registration Form - Department
- Complete this form if you are a CDS graduate student seeking exception/force registration into a CDS graduate course (i.e., 500-level courses and higher) and the time frame is beyond the normal Drop/Add period during which students can make schedule changes themselves via HUB.
- Forced Registration Form - University
- Complete this form if you are a makeup student seeking Exception/Force registration into CDS undergraduate courses (i.e., 100-400 level courses). If you are a graduate student seeking exception registration outside the Drop/Add window, you may also need to complete this form.
|«||May 2013|| |